Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice will host Saint Joseph Hospital’s Mobile Mammography Unit on June 2, 2021 in our parking lot located at 3081 Bergen Peak Drive, Evergreen, CO 80439.
Saint Joseph Hospital has the most advanced mobile mammography technology in Colorado, including 3D digital mammography and breast density measurement, that make getting a mammogram easier while producing more accurate diagnostic results. The mobile unit will provide the same award-winning breast screening services of their Downtown Denver breast care center right here in Evergreen.
The Saint Joseph Mobile Mammography Van is fast, friendly, and can help save lives through the early detection of breast cancer.
Mammograms are one of the most important health screenings that women ages 40 and older can have.
Not only do mammograms detect changes in a woman’s breast health well before an abnormal mass can be felt, but the average five-year survival rate for women who are diagnosed and treated early is 98% (when breast cancer is detected in its earliest stages).
While annual mammograms can dramatically increase a woman’s chances of overcoming breast cancer if the disease develops, mammography and early detection can also decrease the need for extensive, late-stage breast cancer treatments and allows for improved breast conservation.
- Appointments take as little as 15 minutes.
- No physician order needed if you are age 40 or older.
- Little or no cost as most insurance plans will cover the entire cost of the screening. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance.
- Fast results – typically back in 72 hours or less.
How to sign-up
Appointments are limited and are on a first come, first served basis.
To sign up for an appointment, call Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice at 303-674-6400 and ask for Debbie Schwartz.
Name, date of birth, and phone number must be given when signing up.
The last day to sign up for an appointment is May 25, 2021.
Please make sure to bring your photo ID and insurance card to appointment.
To save time on the day of your appointment, please download, print, and fill out the Intake form in advance.
Mobile Mammography Unit Protocols
- All patients must bring their own mask to wear while on the van
- Patients will be screened for COVID multiple times during the registration process and day of the event. Patients will be asked a series of questions and have their temperature taken prior to entering the van. If at any point during the COVID screening process if there is a concern for the safety of the patient or the staff, the patient will be asked to reschedule to a later date
- Patients will need to provide a phone number they could be reached at on the day of event. We will be implementing a virtual waiting room. We will call the patient when we are ready for them to be seen for their appointment
- If a patient is more than 5 minutes past their appointment time and have been called by the staff, they will need to reschedule. Due to social distancing and our cleaning protocol between patients, we will not have the capability to see patients late or add them on to the schedule
- No one will be admitted into the van without an appointment,