Home Health Care Services Allow Patients to Receive Medical Care in Their Own Homes
Home-Based Healing, with Heart!
Bringing healing and heart into your home is the mission of the Mount Evans Home Health Care team. Our professionally-trained, compassionate nurses, therapists, social workers and certified nursing assistants (CNAs) design and deliver customized care to meet your specific needs and help you feel safe, capable and confident.
We know that performing the most basic, everyday tasks can be frustrating and stressful when your health is compromised. It’s challenging to recover from an injury, get back-on-track after surgery, or realize that, as the years pass, it takes more effort to navigate your daily routine. During these vulnerable times, you can rely on the Mount Evans team to motivate and support you along the way, providing the most advanced home-based approaches to health care and rehabilitation with respect and kindheartedness.
- Treatment and monitoring of symptoms, wounds, and infections
- Condition-specific care and teaching
- Medication management and education
- Communicating and consulting with physicians
- Training caregivers
- Promoting healing and wellness
Our home-based physical therapy services are as distinct as the patients who are part of our family. The Mount Evans team identifies the most effective care plan for each individual we have the privilege of serving. If you’re with us for a few weeks or for many months, we’ll walk with you every step of the way as you regain your strength, balance and self-sufficiency.
- Gait analysis
- Strengthening: post-hospital stay or related to a diagnosis
- Specialized approaches to address vestibular, chronic pain, pelvic floor and women’s health issues
- Applied manual therapy
Whether your goal is to climb a fourteener or play with your grandchildren, our occupational therapists can help you get there! We work with you to create a program that will enable you to achieve progress while healing in a safe, familiar environment in your own home.
Here’s how we do it:
- Assess your mobility, personal care and equipment requirements
- Ensure that your environment is safe
- Partner with you to establish realistic benchmarks for progress
- Write your personal action plan and revise it based on your evolving needs
- Review basic rules for effective healing
- Help you accomplish routine tasks and gain confidence
It’s easy to take basic communications skills for granted. How often do we think about the amazing link between having an idea and being able to express it through clear, articulate, understandable speech? Losing the ability to speak can leave you feeling isolated and helpless. Our speech therapists teach patients how to overcome challenges that can result from the impact of a stroke, brain tumor, dementia, cognitive decline or living alone.
Areas we focus on:
- Speaking and articulation (vocal quality, volume and projection)
- Speech cognition (problem solving)
- Short-term and long-term memory issues
- Ability to understand and express ideas
- Swallowing safely
Medical Social Work
We are passionate about helping you live on your own terms. Remaining in your home, maintaining your daily routine and engaging in your favorite activities are essential to you, and priorities for us. Our social services team is your partner in developing a roadmap of resources that will support you on your journey.
We also can be your sounding board when you are ready to consider longer term plans. You can feel comfortable asking our professional staff for information about essential legal documents such as advance health care directives, living wills, and powers of attorney. Given our vast network of health care partners, we can make referrals to assisted living communities and nursing homes, ensuring that we are listening to you and your caregivers at each critical juncture.
Throughout the course of your relationship with Mount Evans, our social workers become your personal advocates – identifying and coordinating all of the non-medical services you need to age in place easily and gracefully.
Certified Nursing Assistants
Our certified nursing assistants (CNAs) provide extra support for your daily activities and are dedicated to helping you regain your independence. All services are part of a specific plan supervised by a nurse or therapist.
CNAs focus on:
- Activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, grooming and dental care.
- Care activities such as checking a patient’s pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
- Support in completing tasks assigned by the supervising nurse or therapist to ensure that each patient’s customized care plan is achieved.
What Our Health Care Team Says
“I believe I make a difference by helping people achieve their goals. I had a patient that I had been seeing for a couple months who was very anxious about standing and walking after a very complicated health history. He is now walking. Just to know that I played a part in making him more confident and independent touches my heart.”
“I love working with our patients. Whether that means helping someone improve their memory and recall to stay living in their home safely and independently, educating a family member on effective communication strategies to support a patient with progressive disease such as dementia, or helping a patient eat safely during the end of their life.”
"I enjoy returning patients to 'real life', the ability to stand, walk, not worry as much about falling. Returning independence back to the patient when possible is one of the most rewarding and I believe empowering things you can give someone."
"I like helping home health patients get back on their feet and back to their life before their injury or surgery. I’ve been in that situation where you just want to go back and do what you could do before a surgery – and it just takes so much time. It’s a comfort for patients to know we are there to help them recover."