Position Open – Scheduler
We’re looking for a full-time Scheduler to be a vital member of our patient care/administrative team in Evergreen, Colorado (located in the foothills only 20 miles from downtown Denver).
About the position
This position will:
- Schedule referrals and staffing of home health care, palliative care, or hospice care for patients.
- Verify availability of clinicians based on their current schedules and capacities and schedule start of care for all disciplines.
- Serve as liaison between staff and family for initiation of care.
- Revise schedules as cancellations and/or additions occur and communicate with appropriate staff.
- Assist intake and managers with coordination of daily patient staffing needs.
- Support intake coordinating on-call visits and weekend scheduling and visit assignments with clinical manager.
- Help maintain working relationships with physicians, hospitals, key contacts, and payor sources.
- Maintain working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Hospice, commercial and insurance issues.
- Maintain understanding of agency admission policies.
- Coordinate and staff foot clinics
- Facilitate communication between patients/families and staff, physician offices, suppliers etc.
- Answer phone calls to agency from patients and staff as needed and provides administrative staff support as requested.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Work 40 hours a week from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Be based out of our offices in Evergreen.
- Be hourly and have access to a full benefits package.
- Have a salary range of $20.00 – $25.50/hour.
You must (required):
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Understand family interactions and the aging process.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and families, staff members, and the general public.
- Be able to guide and assist staff members in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Have a basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Be able to work independently and identify and solve problems.
- Have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Work well as part of a team and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Provide documentation of full COVID-19 vaccination or documentation requesting a reasonable exemption for medical or religious reasons.
- Have proof of legal right to work in the United States.
Ideally, you will (preferred):
- Have Medical Assistant (MA) or Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) experience
- Have one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a health care field.
About Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is located in Colorado’s beautiful foothills just outside Denver and serves the mountain communities in Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties. Our award-winning agency is the number one choice for Hospice, Home Health Care, and Palliative Care in our four-county service area. Our agency’s culture is welcoming, collaborative, and supportive. Come be a part of our compassionate and experienced care team!
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We offer competitive hourly rates commensurate with relevant experience. We offer a full benefits package including: health insurance coverage, life insurance, and paid time off as well as access to voluntary 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account participation, employee-paid dental and vision coverage, and more.
If you’re interested in this position, fill out our online employment application and upload your cover letter and resume.
Or email your PDF cover letter and resume along with our Application for Employment to email@example.com and put “Scheduler search” in your subject line. Help us reduce our paper waste—there’s no need to send a hard copy.