Position Open – Revenue Cycle Supervisor
We’re looking for a full-time Revenue Cycle Supervisor to be a vital member of our patient care/administrative team in Evergreen, Colorado (located in the foothills only 20 miles from downtown Denver).
About the position
This position will:
- Manage accurate, timely completion and submission of all the billing, collections, and accounts receivable functions of the Agency.
- Manage billing and collections team, including hiring, training, appraisals, rewarding, and retention, as well as discipline and firing.
- Ensure that billing and patient accounts record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with state, federal, and ACHC regulations.
- Protect the confidentiality of patient and organization information through effective controls and direct supervision of billing operations.
- Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of payer contracts and ensure that payers are billed according to contract provisions. Negotiate and revise contracts.
- Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of government billing regulations including Medicare and Medicaid regulations and serve as a resource for appropriate organization personnel.
- Monitor aged accounts receivables and resubmit bills to overdue accounts, submit seriously overdue accounts to collection agencies for collection, and prepare bad debt reports for the Director of Finance.
- Gather, collate, and report key billing information to the Director of Finance.
- Supervise the use of the billing information system and maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of the system including upgrades and enhancements.
- Supervise and reconcile cash receipts and bank deposits according to policy.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with patients, family members, payers, and referral sources.
- Work 40 hours a week, 8:30 am to 5 pm.
- Have an occasional on-call requirement.
- Be based out of our offices in Evergreen.
- Be hourly and have access to a full benefits package.
- Have a salary range of $20.50 – $26.75/hour.
You must (required):
- Have an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience in health care billing and collections management preferably in home care operations. Billing information systems knowledge required.
- Have knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations, and ACHC standards.
- Have good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Be able to accurately manage detailed information.
- Be able to deal tactfully with patients, family members, referral sources, and payers.
- Be able to demonstrate autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Be able to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Be proficient with accounting and financial software, as well as Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or similar software.
- Provide documentation of full COVID-19 vaccination or documentation requesting a reasonable exemption for medical or religious reasons.
- Have proof of legal right to work in the United States.
Ideally, you will (preferred):
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
About Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is located in Colorado’s beautiful foothills just outside Denver and serves the mountain communities in Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties. Our award-winning agency is the number one choice for Hospice, Home Health Care, and Palliative Care in our four-county service area. Our agency’s culture is welcoming, collaborative, and supportive. Come be a part of our compassionate and experienced care team!
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We offer competitive hourly rates commensurate with relevant experience. We offer a full benefits package including: health insurance coverage, life insurance, and paid time off as well as access to voluntary 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account participation, employee-paid dental and vision coverage, and more.
If you’re interested in this position, fill out our online employment application and upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is open until filled.