Position Open – Hospice and Palliative Care Social Worker
We’re looking for a full-time Social Worker to be a vital member of our interdisciplinary Palliative Care and Hospice teams based in Evergreen, Colorado (located in the foothills only 20 miles from downtown Denver).
About the position
This position will:
- Provide comprehensive emotional support services for our patients and their caregivers dealing with issues of illness and loss. While this position will primarily work as part of our Palliative Care and Hospice teams, there are also opportunities within the support services team for facilitating group counseling and community education programs.
- Provide supportive counseling for those we serve who live with serious illness(es) or are encountering their end of life.
- Work with patients and caregivers to develop care plans, advanced directives, and to access community resources.
- Be based out of our offices in Evergreen.
- Travel to homes throughout the foothills of Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties.
- Be hourly and have access to a full benefits package.
You must (required):
- Have a Master of Social Work (MSW) or equivalent experience.
- Be able to demonstrate your ability for supportive counseling and clinical case management.
- Be an independent team member with strong communication skills.
- Have a valid driver license, good driving record, proof of insurance, and reliable vehicle.
- Have proof of legal right to work in the United States.
Ideally, you will (preferred):
- Be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Have experience in healthcare, aging, disability, caregiving, end-of-life planning, critical conversations, crisis counseling, and/or grief.
About Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is located in Colorado’s beautiful foothills just outside Denver and serves the mountain communities in Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties. Our award-winning agency is the number one choice for Hospice, Home Health Care, and Palliative Care in our four-county service area. Our agency’s culture is welcoming, collaborative, and supportive. Come be a part of our compassionate and experienced care team!
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We offer competitive hourly rates commensurate with experience and a full benefits package including: health insurance coverage, life insurance, and paid time off as well as access to voluntary 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account participation, employee-paid dental and vision coverage, and more.
If you’re interested in this position, fill out our online employment application and upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is open until filled.