(Part Time or Full Time)
We’re looking for a part-time or full-time Bereavement Coordinator to be a vital member of our interdisciplinary team based in Evergreen, Colorado (located in the foothills only 20 miles from downtown Denver).
About the position
This position will:
- Plan, implement, and maintain a bereavement program to meet the needs of families and caregivers following the death of a patient.
- Coordinate the assessment and delivery of grief counseling needs and services (one-to-one, groups, and ongoing follow-up) to ensure timely and appropriate services are provided to families and caregivers.
- Plan for Bereavement Program development, expansion, and refinement through annual evaluation of services along with the Manager of Support Services.
- Provide bereavement support to hospice personnel coping with work related grief through one-to-one counseling and referral to community resources.
- Supervise interns providing one-to-one counseling.
- Provide bereavement information and referral services to callers from the community.
- Expand and maintain community resource list as needed.
- Assist as needed in evaluating and planning services to meet hospice personnel support needs (for example: yearly retreats, weekly support groups).
- Be based out of our offices in Evergreen.
- Potential travel to homes throughout the foothills of Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties.
- Have flexible hours with access to a full benefits package once fully trained and maintaining 48 hours per pay period (every two weeks).
- Have an occasional on-call requirement.
- Have a salary range of $25.00-$32.00/hour.
You must (required):
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent theological/counseling degree or a Master of Social Work (MSW) with qualifications of experienced clinical grief counseling.
- Have at least (2) years’ experience providing spiritual care in a healthcare environment.
- Have experience working with individuals, families, and caregivers coping with death and dying.
- Be able to demonstrate your understanding of grief response and experience with counseling individuals and/or in groups regarding loss.
- Be an independent team member with strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Have excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Provide documentation of full COVID-19 vaccination or documentation requesting a reasonable exemption for medical or religious reasons.
- Have a valid driver license, good driving record, proof of insurance, and reliable vehicle.
- Have proof of legal right to work in the United States.
Ideally, you will (preferred):
- Be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Have experience in hospice, healthcare, aging, disability, caregiving, end-of-life planning, critical conversations, crisis counseling, and/or grief.
About Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is located in Colorado’s beautiful foothills just outside Denver and serves the mountain communities in Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties. Our award-winning agency is the number one choice for Hospice, Home Health Care, and Palliative Care in our four-county service area. Our agency’s culture is welcoming, collaborative, and supportive. Come be a part of our compassionate and experienced care team!
Mount Evans Home Health Care & Hospice is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We offer competitive hourly rates commensurate with relevant experience. For part-time employees with a case load under 48 RVUs per pay period (every two weeks), we offer paid sick leave and access to voluntary 401(k) participation. For part-time employees who maintain a minimum case load of at least 48 RVUs per pay period (every two weeks) and for full-time employees, we offer a full benefits package including: health insurance coverage, life insurance, and paid time off as well as access to voluntary 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account participation, employee-paid dental and vision coverage, and more.
If you’re interested in this position, fill out our online employment application and upload your cover letter and resume.
Or email your PDF cover letter and resume along with our Application for Employment to email@example.com and put “Bereavement Coordinator search” in your subject line. Help us reduce our paper waste—there’s no need to send a hard copy.
This position is open until filled.